Web Cam

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Solafaa, Sep 5, 2004.

1. Solafaa macrumors 6502a

Solafaa

I have a 17" PB :D and i would like to buy a Web cam so that i could talk to friends on msn. I would like something small and has good pic quality, i wouold be taking this with me when i travel so it has to be small.

Thanks.

2. matt459 macrumors member

I got the isight for my ibook. I spent 2 months deciding on which webcam to get. I am very happy with it, very good picture quality (for a webcam of course)... Im not really sure about it, but its probably one of the best quality wise. Then again you can always use a DV camcorder for chat, but thats larger and more expensive. As for the isight, its worth the 150 IMO...

3. ChrisFromCanada macrumors 65816

ChrisFromCanada

The iSight is great, but, there is currently no way to video chat with MSN Messenger users. They would ave to use AIM.

4. Solafaa thread starter macrumors 6502a

Solafaa

zzdose it wok witht msn messenger? i have 98% of people i know on msn, i need something that works with it?

5. crazzyeddie macrumors 68030

crazzyeddie

The Mac version of MSN does not have video chat, period.

6. DJY macrumors 6502a

DJY

This is the one frustration I have since switching...

I love my iSight - and via iChat have great audio and / or video chats with other Mac users...
    but most of my mates either use ICQ or MSN / Yahoo combinations.

I am yet to find a solution for me to video chat easily with Windoze users...

iSight is a great little camera though!

7. Diatribe macrumors 601

Diatribe

What good reason is there for using MSN videochat any way? I mean seriously, are you satisfied with a crappy, low res, badly colored not to mention TINY picture, which Microsoft calls videochat? I'd call that a badly made icon in gif quality. So no need to port it to mac, thanks.