Web Design Job

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by kainjow, May 11, 2006.

1. kainjow Moderator emeritus

kainjow

I am looking for a web designer who works fluently with XHTML and CSS, and has good knowledge of PHP and JavaScript. PM/post your portfolio and I will get back with you.

Icon/graphic design is a huge plus too.

2. bootedbear macrumors 6502

bootedbear

Sounds more like you're looking for a developer.

3. Peyton macrumors 68000

Peyton

yeah, you need a developer, designers do web layout, all the artsy things. developers do all the geeky things. :eek: :p

which by the way, I do the 'artsy things' so depending on what you need, I could help. But you may want to get a art inclided geek...?

4. kainjow thread starter Moderator emeritus

kainjow

All the same to me :) the guy who did my current sites was artsy and geeky. He knew it all :D hard to come by I guess..

5. Peyton macrumors 68000

Peyton

Well I can do some of the geeky stuff but seriously, you get 'pretty good' at both or pro at one, and ok at the other. Good luck

6. radiantm3 macrumors 65816

radiantm3

XHTML/CSS falls under the skills of a Web Designer. Javascript is borderline and can fall under both categories depending on what you're doing. PHP is definitely developer stuff.

7. Butters macrumors 6502

I fall into the catergory of a designer and I'm looking for work so yeah :). (Portfolio)
    I know php and developing too but I'd say design is my strong point.

If you're interested PM some more details and we can discuss

8. desenso macrumors 6502a

desenso

There are plenty of perfectly competent designers out there who also excel on the development side. In fact, the development side is something you can learn, whereas the design side requires a certain predisposition to creativity. Basically what I'm saying is that all of you self-proclaimed designers here ought to think about picking up a little development training on the side ;)