Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pdham

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 28, 2003
Madison
Ok, I love Safari for everyday browsing, but the fact that it messes up layer placement (unless converted to tables) and has different default spacing then other browsers for bulleted lists, really has been annoying me. (I use dreamweaver). It is frustrating knowing if I make a website and put forced spaces (shift+return) between items in a bulleted or numbered list it will show them as single spaces in explorer or netscape, but will show them as double spaces in safari. No real question here just wanted to share my opinion.

Rower_CPU

Moderator emeritus
Oct 5, 2001
San Diego, CA
Since it's based on a completely different rendering engine than the main browsers designers have been testing against, there will be a lot of these "quirks" being worked out as we see our pages being handled differently.

Overall, I'm really happy with Safari. It's got good standards support and displays valid HTML the way it should be displayed. One of my main gripes is the dpi issue, which is supposed to be worked out soon anyway.

pdham

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 28, 2003
Madison
You are right, there are alot of great stuff in safari as well. I really like that pics dont need to be saved for web to be displayed. Of course that is not useful for a finished product, but it makes it easier to test a pic and then go modify it in photoshop if necessary.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.