Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

holdemm

macrumors newbie
Mar 27, 2015
If you're looking for a cheap web hosting company then I would say that 1&1 is a good option. I got my WP site hosted with them last fall during a promotion, but I believe they still offer 99cent/month deals for unlimited webspace (ok, it goes up later, but not significantly). I'm happy with them so far as a relative newbie to website building.

Michael Scrip

macrumors 604
Mar 4, 2011
NC
+1 for site5.com; I do a reseller hosting plan from them - avoid GoDaddy / HostGator / Brinkster / Nails in the Forehead (in my experiences).

Whereever you get it, make sure its Linux hosting; they just seem to be better and get one that has cPanel - and not a proprietary (yes, from an Apple guy) control panel for domain management. With cPanel, and Softalicious installed, it's pretty easy to deploy a WordPress site (this comng from a guy who has grown from iWeb days -still on my rig) and is now hosting about 20 sites :).

Best o'

-nf

I'm also a Site5 customer!

I've been with them for about 6 years... reseller plan, dozens of sites, etc.

Very happy!

pwhitehead

macrumors 6502
Jul 19, 2011
new jersey
I like network solutions. They have great customer service and really don't regular what kind of content you can have. Companies like bluehost, you have to watch and do your research as to what states their servers are located in. This can be used against people who would like to get into the adult entertainment business.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.