web.mac.com down?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Hls811, Feb 11, 2007.

1. Hls811 macrumors 6502a

Hls811

I've just spend an hour trying to update my site using iWeb, but was getting the beach ball during the 'preparing to publish' screen - (I let it sit for 40 minutes). I've tried to access my site (and other web.mac.com sites) from both my mac and my desktop (Dell) and neither are opening pages...

Even if i tried to do a 'Check for updates' within iWeb i get a message that it can't contact the server. ic an get to other websites without issue.

Can anyone else view a web.mac.com site, or is it something with me and my connection? (Like I said, I tried 2 computers and its the same thing, so I'm not sure what it could be here...)

http://web.mac.com by itself works and routes me to the Apple site, but any personal site isn't loading.

2. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

3. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

4. Hls811 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Hls811

Thanks... its something screwy with my .mac account.. I can't do anything - iTunes Store isn't loading either.. It hangs on 'Accessing store'... odd, cause I was in this morning.

Oh well - thanks for checking.. I'll (hopefully) figure it out soon!

Update: I called Apple to try and seek some help, the guy I spoke with did mention they've been having intermittant issues with .mac the last few days, so it could be part of the problem. (I think mine is more specific to my account and have opened a trouble ticket w/ the .mac support team)

5. Hls811 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Hls811

For whatever reason, it started working. I didn't do anything but wait it out..

Mods - feel free to delete the thread - can't explain this one.