Web site applications?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by UmaThurman, Feb 4, 2007.

1. UmaThurman macrumors regular

UmaThurman

Hi,i was downloading some torrents off of mini-nova (friend just showed me how to use torrents), and a third-party application thing came up. I think it was something about dr. pc fix or some crap like that, however my friend accidentally clicked okay for it. Nothing popped up or showed up afterwards, but i was wondering if it's something i should worry about?

2. wmmk macrumors 68020

wmmk

well, you should worry about illegally downloading software...
    Dr. Fix PC was probably just some Windows thing that'd be harmless on a mac, but use this as a lesson that TORRENTS ARE BAD!

3. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

Yes and mininova (no hyphen) isn't very good...I've heard:rolleyes:

4. UmaThurman thread starter macrumors regular

UmaThurman

Hmm.. okay. Is d/ling torrents that bad? I haven't been downloading any music since a while back, cause the dorms i stayed in restricted file sharing. What are the chances of getting in trouble? I'm in a house with 4 other computers, and one of my roomates downloads alot of music. Is there also any other better sites for torrents since you said that mininova.org is bad?

5. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

I DO NOT use XTorrent with its built in search feature...as it is really good...and I hate piracy

6. adrianblaine macrumors 65816

adrianblaine

It's not a matter of the chances. It is illegal to download illegal (unpaid for) stuff whether you are afraid of getting caught or not...

7. Xander562 macrumors 68000

Xander562

Thanks you! :):) I'll be sure to NOT USE that program because it really is too good.(especially that built-in search feature)