Web Surfing though 56k with a Dreamcast, ah what fun

Discussion in 'Community' started by LimeiBook86, Dec 7, 2002.

1. LimeiBook86 macrumors 604

LimeiBook86

I am typing from a dreamcast, I like it. The fun thing is that you can use a keyboard to type. I want to get a mouse but I can't seem to find any. I am using a 56k connection, eh its slow but it can't compare to my Cable Modem at home :D well dreamcast can't go on AIM, it can go on yahoo but not AIM or AOL. I think the Dreamcast's PlanetWebBrowser 2.0 is a lot liek WebTV. The MacRumors.com Site looks a bit different on a TV screen thrugh a dreamcast. The menu where you write he replys, quotes, and threads looks a different. I got he keyboard fr 8 bucks maybe I can get a moue for the same price... Thats if I find one, they hav adapters though like dreamcast to PS2 (not the system, the PC port) Well I'm gonna see what deamcast cando see you later... Any of you guys EVER use a Dreamcast to go online.... Its fun! :cool:

2. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

3. LimeiBook86 thread starter macrumors 604

LimeiBook86

I would to, I meen I have my iBook right next to me, I just wanna play around with it for a while :D

4. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

I got the Dreamcast the day it came out in the UK. As soon as I got home I got my e-mail address registered and started to (try!) and surf. it was OK I guess for what it was, but there really is no replacement for a decent browser and a screen res of at least 1024 x 768, TV screens just don't cut it.