Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Original poster
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
Hey all,

My gf just got me a Samsung Trution webcam from Taiwan. It seems like a decent camera, and then I remembered one little detail: "Oh yeah, I own a Mac!! Gag-zooks!" She forgot as well. It doesn't say its Mac compatible on the box. Also, they seem to sell this type of camera in Taiwan, Norway, and Sweden, but also in the UK and France.

Anyway, point is that I don't have the drivers for it, or maybe I don't need them even though it doesn't say "Mac Compatible" on the box, and nothing happens when I plug it in. I can't even confirm whether it's working or not because.....well, there aren't too many IM programs that support video chat on the Mac! (to be exact, I believe Mercury IM and iChat are the only ones)

Anyway, do I need to get exact drivers to run this baby, or am I gonna have to give it back to my gf?

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Original poster
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
I went to the first link before, and in their camera list, it doesn't list my Samsung, although it lists 3 other Samsung cameras. Don't know if it'll work or not.

Also, on their Latest News page, the news dates back to no later than 2002, so I'm trying to figure out whether the actual drivers are up to date or not.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.