Webcam Timershot

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by SolidSnake, Oct 2, 2006.

1. SolidSnake macrumors regular

Dec 11, 2005
    I'm looking for software that i can use my web cam to monitor activity that is going on around my workstation. I've searched and i haven't found much so far. Particularly software that takes photos every hour ect. and saves them to a directory. Any ideas?
  2. iKwick7 macrumors 65816

Dec 29, 2004
    The Wood of Spots, NJ
    I remember reading something about software that did just that- I don't recall what it was called though, but I do know it exists.
  3. SpankyPenzaanz macrumors 6502a

Sep 4, 2006
    I think there's a widget that does it or you can set up automater to do so or there was something on macworld I saw
  4. afornander macrumors 6502

Apr 5, 2006
    try to make an applescript that opens photobooth takes a pick, then shuts down, every hour. im not good at apple script myself, but im sure someone could do that.;)
  5. SolidSnake thread starter macrumors regular

Dec 11, 2005
    Can anybody make the script for me? I'm not that experienced scripts yet. I didn't think it would be this hard to find software like this. Microsoft offers a free program like this on there website. But i guess i'll continue looking.
  6. sunfast macrumors 68020

Oct 14, 2005
  7. SolidSnake thread starter macrumors regular

Dec 11, 2005
    i was actually looking for something to take photos. Gawker creates a .mpeg. still looking.....