Webkit

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by keithbennis, Nov 27, 2006.

1. keithbennis macrumors regular

keithbennis

I searched for topics on this browser and there was like, a few. So yeah I'll just do it up with a new thread....

Anyone else here use it/have opinions on it?

Anyone actually submit bug fixes or knows how to mess with it to try to fix a bug?

I want to use it but the nightly builds have this frickin bug that, say, you're typing in a text box like I'm typing here now, and exceed the viewing limit, the scrollball on the mouse scrolls the entire page and not the textbox, and even when you go to actually click on the scrollbar on the right it doesn't even work, it's all messed up.... :mad: :confused:

is it just my system or does anyone else have this problem?

more importantly, anyone have a solution to this?

2. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

its nightly build, bugs are always there, cant u just goto webkit's website and submit bugs?

3. keithbennis thread starter macrumors regular

keithbennis

lol, i know they're nightlys.... I submitted the bug around 2-3 months ago a few times. In my eyes it's quite a significant bug and they just seem to either be ignoring it or can't come up with a solution to it. WTF!
    thanks for the tip though :)

4. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

hehe, be patient, I found an extremely significant bug on firefox 1.0 (or 1.5) before, it took months for them to confirm it and fix it (it was a verrrrry important bug, the product can not be shipped actually until it was fixed. LOL), since there are far fewer ppl who are working on webkit, u know that won't be fast.

5. keithbennis thread starter macrumors regular

keithbennis

Gotcha
    :(