webpage's done and ...how to turn on the "windows" colors?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by darksider, Mar 12, 2007.

1. darksider macrumors member

Sep 12, 2006
    I think it is quite common problem and I have partly solved it, anyway...

I have made a website and I would like to see, how windows users will see that.
    All I found was an advice to change the display profile to sRGB IEC..etc... it is better, but still slightly different. Is there any way, how to do it, pls? I am messing with it about two days now :(

Thank you

(Macbook, 10.4.8)
  2. KingofAwesome macrumors regular

Feb 7, 2007
    I'm entirely confused as to what you are asking. Do you want to see how the colors appear using the default Windows color profile? That can be adjusted using the Color part of the Displays preferences, but you'll have to get a Windows default color profile. However, I believe that the color profiles on PC's vary based on the video card and the monitor itself (not to mention the monitor controls). You aren't going to be able to use one color profile that matches every PC screen.

If you're asking how it will look on a windows machine using a windows browser, I think you're going to need to put bootcamp on that macbook.
  3. darksider thread starter macrumors member

Sep 12, 2006
    sorry, if i wrote it not very clearly, but you answered my question...
    So, do you advise me just make website on mac, and do not care, how it looks like under windows?
  4. apfhex macrumors 68030

Aug 8, 2006
    Northern California
    Colors vary based on hardware (almost entirely the individual's monitor), not just because of Windows. Typically PCs will have a gamma of 2.2 instead of the Mac's 1.8, so everything will be darker. You can create a custom color profile for you monitor with the darker gamma to get an idea.
  5. darksider thread starter macrumors member

Sep 12, 2006