Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ncarnall

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 18, 2011
I want to build a website, now I used to do html on a pc several years ago so I'm pretty new to this now!

Where can I download iWeb as this will suffice for now?

Any hints and tips greatly appreciated.

Cheers

jdechko

macrumors 601
Jul 1, 2004
If you're just getting back into it, then don't spend $100 on something you're not sure of. Just use TextEdit, which is already installed. If you want something that does syntax highlighting, check out TextWrangler (Free), the little brother to the popular BBEdit.

Of course, all of this assumes you're comfortable with writing HTML from scratch.

Gomff

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2009
Textwrangler is just fine for HTML coding. I use it exclusively and find it more than adequate.

ncarnall

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 18, 2011
No iWeb on my 2011 MBA, should there have been?

I was never that good at HTML so not sure how I would get on in textedit Lol

Have downloaded Quick and easy web builder and it's actually pretty easy, will see how I get on over the next few days etc. But thanks everyone for your input.

Cheers

mrsir2009

macrumors 604
Sep 17, 2009
Melbourne, Australia
If your going to code it from scratch with TextWrangler or something your going to need to learn some CSS or something in additon to HTML. Plain HTML sites look pretty awful... so 90s :p

bee1000

macrumors newbie
May 19, 2010
Muse is worth a look

Adobe has a site builder called Muse. It's in beta and available as a free download at muse.adobe.com. I've played with it a little and it seems to work. And even though it's a site builder from Adobe, it creates HTML/CSS files not Flash.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.