Website bulder

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by plumers, Oct 8, 2004.

1. plumers macrumors member

Hey guys, I need to build a website on my iMac and I'm using OS X.2.8, is there any software that compatible with my iMac to create a webpage. I am not familiar with HTML, well I do but I'm not a pro... Thanks

2. osprey76 macrumors 6502

Contribute 3 is such a program. The feature set might be more advanced that you are looking for. I downloaded a trial version and it seems pretty powerful from what I tinkered with briefly. Also, there is a discount on it for .Mac subscribers.

Another option would be to use Word. Roughly similar to Contribute, you would arrange things (fonts, spacing, layout) as you like and then use File:Save as HTML. That will give you a standard HTML document. If you are looking for something quite basic and don't need to do any scripting, that's a good option.

3. jssweb macrumors newbie

Mozilla works well also

I use both Contribute and Mozilla. Contribute is better at making neat pages from scratch, but it can be painfully slow. Mozilla really is pretty good in spite of the fact that it is free. It is fast and simple.

4. decksnap macrumors 68040

decksnap

Building web pages with Word can generate the nastiest HTML. I wouldn't recommend it.

5. osprey76 macrumors 6502

Agreed. Never said it'd be pretty, but might be something plumers already has.

6. homerjward macrumors 68030

homerjward

ot, but how did you end up with a 17" tibook?