Website didn't transfer all the way!

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by txpeach182, Jun 13, 2011.

1. macrumors newbie

Jun 13, 2011
    My 2009 macbook took a dump and I decided to upgrade to a new mac book pro. I was redesigning my website using iWeb on my old laptop but hadn't published it. I had geeksquad (I'm amazed at how little these people know! Especially about macs!) transfer all my files.

On the new laptop, I found the domain file and opened the website and its destroyed! The background isn't there, the fonts are messed up and half of the graphics are gone.

I tried to replace the graphics but when I do they dis-appear or I can't move them.

What the hell?!? How do I fix this?!?!
  2. macrumors 65816

Jul 14, 2008
    Charlotte, NC
    First issue you needed to fix was not ever / never using Geek Squad that's the worst place to ever go along with Staples, Office Depot, etc. If you have a Mac go only to Apple imo.

As for the site, try rolling back and see if you can re-restore the files. Or do a repair on them. Sucks to hear that though, hope it gets fixed.
  3. thread starter macrumors newbie

Jun 13, 2011
    How do I do a repair? (I'm not very computer savvy)
  4. macrumors G5

Jun 27, 2007
    If you still have your old computer you can have Apple transfer the data, for free. If you damaged the HD then it's a different story.

Backup next time.