website downloading/sucking links

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by spacepower7, Mar 8, 2005.

1. spacepower7 macrumors 68000

Hey all

I am travelling for 2+ months in europe this spring.

I am looking for software that can download travel websites for me b4 I leave.
    I don't want to to have to stop in a netcafe in every town that I visit.

I am looking for some software that can dl the first couple pages of websites.

For example, the home page has pics and links. DL all those, then DL all the pics and links from the second tier pages, then the same for 3rd tier. I know that their are apps for PCs that do this.

Does anyone have recommendations for Macs?
    It would save alot of tive and money in netcafes

Thanks for any help :)

2. jim. macrumors 6502

Maybe Webgrabber could do that? Search for it on versiontracker. I'm not sure how customizable it is though. It may just grab the entire site, in which case you'd need a pretty large HD depending on how much you want.

Jim

3. mduser63 macrumors 68040

mduser63

I have two programs that do such a thing. I think I found them on versiontracker.com. In any case, a Google search should turn them up. They're called DeepVacuum and Web Dumper-X. Try them both and decide which one you like better.

4. railthinner macrumors regular

I used to have an app in OS9 called Web Devil that did this. It was pretty cool. Do a search to see if there's a more recent version.

Edit: There is a new version. I think I'll download it too.
    http://www.chaoticsoftware.com/

5. evilernie macrumors 6502

evilernie

Another

I have used a program called "Pagesucker" to download websites to my hardrive.