Website Manager?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by djtet, Dec 24, 2003.

1. djtet macrumors regular

I'm looking for a website management tool...
    I use Dreamweaver to create simple websites (no database driven sites, no extensive pages). I was looking at getting the Macromedia Contribute/.mac offer that offers them together @ $150 (since I don't have .mac and would like to use it's features). However, are there better website management/editor programs out there that I should consider, where I can easily update new pics/text/etc on my sites...?
    Thanks,
    Dan

2. Thirteenva macrumors 6502a

We have a copy of contribute at work, and i really see it as being the wysiwyg without the advanced editing potential that dreamweaver has. I know I would much rather make picture and text changes in dreamweaver than use contribute. You could do the same thing contribute does just by using the design view in dreamweaver.

Contribute is more for people like my boss that just want to fire up a program to make some quick text changes to some published pages and then get out. If you already have DW then you dont need contribute.

3. neut macrumors 68000

neut

I'll second that...it sounds like you just need to get to know DW more. Contribute is a waste of money. Learn to use external text files and use filenames to change image content. Knowledge is king...

peace.

4. djtet thread starter macrumors regular

thanks for the advise...

I was almost about to jump the gun and go for this combo (Contribute/.mac). I've only been working with an older version of Dreamweaver and need to upgrade. Therefore, I'll just upgrade, I won't get contribute, and I'll use the trial of .mac to see if it's worth it. I really appreciate the advise!
    Thanks,
    Dan