Website only for Canada! Help!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by lu0s3r322, Mar 30, 2007.

1. lu0s3r322 macrumors 6502a

I found this Discovery Canada show called Doctor*ology(http://www.discoverychannel.ca/content/?pid=234) and it sounds good for a medical club I am VP of. Except when I click Watch in Broadband on their website, I can't watch it because I'm not in Canada.

Is there ANY way that I could get access to this? because it's more realistic and humorous than other shows I've found like House or Grey's Anatomy,

2. djstarrock macrumors 6502a

djstarrock

Mabye you could download it from somewhere unless its illegal.

3. dornoforpyros macrumors 68040

dornoforpyros

While I don't know any work arounds I do know how you feel, as Showtime USA does the same thing to block out non-US visitors. Personally I think it's a pretty shady thing to do, yes it's probably for copyright reasons, but come on lawyers, loosen the tie a bit and wrap your head around this internet thing.

4. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

So there are good things about being Canadian?

(Joking. I am Canadian, mind you)

5. dornoforpyros macrumors 68040

dornoforpyros

of course! the semi-legal pot and the gay marriages! We're destroying the family unit with our freedom and loving every minute of it ;)

6. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

Use a canadian proxy. You'll have to google and find one but it will do the trick, I think.

7. lu0s3r322 thread starter macrumors 6502a

8. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

For the same reason we Canadians can't view/buy ITMS video content for the US -- it is not licensed for display / distribution in the other country.

Thems the breaks. The publisher doesn't want it to be (or is legally prevented from allowing it to be) distributed outside a specific area. Why do people persist in looking for workarounds to get what has been specifically told they don't have a right to?

(Besides, the frackin' thing requires ActiveX to play in FireFox Win so I'm not doing that)

9. Mammoth macrumors 6502a

Mammoth