Website suggestions please.....

Discussion in 'Community' started by deltrotter, May 23, 2005.

1. deltrotter macrumors regular

Hi everyone

I'm looking suggestions for the development of the following two addresses (I have the variants as well, e.g. .net, .co.uk). Not sure how to proceed. All income received from the sites will be going to a cancer nursing charity. I don't have a massive amount of time to spend on them either!

AppleGear.com

BloggingOff.com

All suggestions gratefully received!

Cheers

Del

2. mcadam macrumors 6502a

mcadam

first suggestion: write something more than just "applegear" on that page...

second suggestion: put more than five links and nothing else on the other page.

Before you've done that and perhaps told what they are going to be about, it's just a bit difficult to give you any real suggestions...

A

3. wordmunger macrumors 603

wordmunger

I think the point is that deltrotter bought the domain names and is trying to figure out a way to make money with them, and asking here for suggestions.

Applegear might be a good place to sell novelty items: apple mugs, mousepads, that sort of thing.

bloggingoff -- can't help you with that one. Is ___ing off some sort of Britishism? To me it sounds too much like some sort of sexual innuendo.

4. deltrotter thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks guys

Yep, just looking for suggestions for what to build on the site.

BloggingOff, well, I thought it sounded a bit like logging off (i.e.what do you at the end of the day) and could also be used for a bit of a rant site (i.e. mouthing off).

I'll keep thinking!!

Cheers

Del