Website template?

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development (archive)' started by Mala, Jan 22, 2004.

1. macrumors 6502

Is there any software with templates for simple websites?

I want to make a site to advertise my business, an editing service, so I need a simple template with a few buttons on the side, a way to put in some illustrations, PDFs, Word files and so on as samples of work, an email-me encrypted so it won't bring in spam, and the ability to bring in a form for Realex, a European equivalent of PayPal.

Thought I had it in the form of Macromedia Contribute2, but I've given up trying to use this, alas.

Is there any other software that can offer this?

2. macrumors 6502

well, with the list you have there it sounds like you want a custom website...

sorry, but as a designer of many years i can say that templated website stuff give you just that...templates and nothing more...

however, if you are handy with graphics and a little code you could create something really good with MovableType (http://www.movabletype.org)...

otherwise, pay the $1,000 and get exactly what you want/need or you'll easily waste that amount in time trying to do it yourself...

good luck...v

3. macrumors member