WebView advice

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by I'm a Mac, Jan 14, 2009.

1. macrumors 6502

Nov 5, 2007
    I've been trying to make an app that uses webview to link to a website- but I just doesn't display as well as I hoped- the problem with doing it without a simple webview is that 1, I don't operate the website, and 2, the site uses XML-RPC, something I'm not familiar with. So right now, using plain webview to load the site works, but is not elegant and iPhone-ish- where do I go from here?

The only other thing is that there's a dashboard widget that is exactly what I want the app to be, but I don't know how to implement that code into a CocoaTouch project- it's ironic because the widget is perfect, I just don't know how to turn it into an app with WebView.
  2. macrumors 603

Jul 23, 2002
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    I'm assuming you don't control the dashboard widget either? Just trying to copy an idea?
  3. thread starter macrumors 6502

Nov 5, 2007
    I didn't make the dashboard widget, but I can control/alter the code in dashcode. And I wouldn't say I was copying the idea, I'd just say implementing the original idea for connivence to the user. I'm not trying to make money off another person's idea- just trying to make a good idea available to more users.