Wedding help with itunes and microphones

Discussion in 'iPod' started by epeabody, Dec 6, 2005.

1. epeabody macrumors newbie

Howdy, I am getting married soon and we plan on just using itunes through my iBook and our home stereo for the music but I have a quick problem...I cannot figure out how to get a microphone worked into the system so that i can make announcements/speeches with itunes playing in the background.

I figured that since I have an iBook I have to use something like the Griffen iMic to get the microphone to work....I guess I need some way to mix the microphone input with the itunes input before it heads out the headphone jack to the stereo. That is about as far as I get when I start feeling dumb.

Any ideas?

Thanks
    Eric

(I accidentally posted this message in the Music discussion before I saw this forum. Sorry about that.)

2. ChrisBrightwell macrumors 68020

ChrisBrightwell

Get an audio mixer. I have a 4-channel mixer from Radio Shack that gets the job done for mixing my Powerbook w/ a pair of mics, or a small drum kit. :)

Should cost you $100, max.

EDIT: This will do the trick nicely:
    http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2102920&cp=&kw=mixer&parentPage=search

You plug your iBook and the mic into the inputs on the mixer and you plug the output of the mixer into the input of your stereo.

From there, you use the mixer to control volume levels for the iBook (which should be set at 14 bars for volume, to minimize distortion) and the mic in addition to the "master" volume.

HTH.

3. epeabody thread starter macrumors newbie