Wedding Help

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by thedude110, Apr 16, 2006.

1. thedude110 macrumors 68020

Jun 13, 2005
    So, the woman and I are getting married this July and we're having some trouble generating gift ideas for our female attendants.

Wedding favors were easy -- everyone gets a Bloembox.

Wedding gifts for our male attendants were easy (Happiness and Love cufflinks):

(I'm European American, the woman is Chinese-American, and our ceremony and reception reflect a balancing of cultures).

But every idea we come up with for our female attendants seems tacky (cheap jewelry) or useless (flasks or wine stoppers when only one of the female attendants drinks!).

So, any gift ideas for female attendants? We're hoping $30-$50.
  2. Eevee macrumors 6502a

Aug 10, 2004
    New Haven, CT
    Hi thedude110,

My wife is Chinese, too. We decided to give our female attendants evening purses/pouches in chinese embroidered fabric. They enjoyed it! We got at Hong Kong, though...Maybe you can check out China Town in NYC?

Good luck and post pics of your wedding if you don't mind! Love to see mix culture weddings!
  3. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

Sep 19, 2002
    Los Angeles
    You want gifts to be personal, non-tacky, and show that thought went into selecting them. That conflicts with making them all equivalent and not taking too much of your time and budget.

Non-tacky jewelry is one choice. Eevee's idea is good too. What about giving them elegant photo frames? Then you can have the wedding photographer take a posed shot of each of them (by themselves, with the bride, or with their own "significant other") and give them the print to go in the frame.