WedgPad

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by CVC, Aug 22, 2010.

1. CVC
    macrumors member

http://www.wedgepad.com/

I typically use my iPad sitting in a chair with the iPad in my lap. I have been wanting something to prop up the iPad so I wouldn't have to hold it all the time. I hadn't seen a stand that could be used in a lap until I saw this.

The WedgePad is basically a wedge shaped beanbag with elastic straps. It's perfect for holding an iPad at an angle in your lap for viewing or typing. It's made out of black micro-fiber suede with white straps. The white straps are not attractive at all, but they do hold the WedgePad to the iPad well. They would have been much better in black. The WedgePad is very light and it's easy to carry them around attached to each other. The only problem with the straps (other than the color) is that one strap covers the sleep button and half of the volume rocker. The straps aren't so tight that they press the buttons.

The iPad is held at either 30 or 45 degree angles just by flipping it around. If you use your iPad on a desk this probably isn't the best stand for you, but if you use your iPad on your lap or in bed this works great.

2. macrumors 68040

3. macrumors 68020

I like that. Just ordered one.

4. macrumors 68040

You. Are. Bad.

Very. Very. Bad.

Put. Down. The. Credit. Card. (or, heck, send it to me to "hold" for you! ;))

:D

(i was thankful to see that it wasn't made by the same people that make the one for the Touch/iPhone - didn't have great CS from them over Christmas)

5. CVC
    thread starter macrumors member

It's nice that it holds more than an iPad, also it will hold the iPad In portrait orientation. But, it's huge. The WedgePad is just under the iPad.

6. macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

The Peeramid, while bigger than the Wedge Pad, isn't "huge" at all--it's only about 12" per side. We have two of them, originally bought for my Kindle, and we use them with the iPads all the time. The convienience of being able to use it in both portrait and landscape is huge, but it isn't great for typing. I've done it even for longer posts than this one, but it's fairly upright so it's not an ideal angle.

I love ours, but I can see the appeal of the Wedge Pad.

7. macrumors 68020

The Wedgpad looks small enough to fit in the computer messenger bag that I travel with. My purpose in using it would be to be able to comforably use my iPad while I am in bed at a hotel. I like the fact that the iPad is held in at the 4 corners by the loops.

8. macrumors 68020

Got my WedgPad today. FAST service.

Haven't tried it yet, but can't wait. It is squishy enough to not take up much space in my messenger bag.

9. macrumors 68040

jjk454ss

Wedgepad looks nice, I wish they made one for portrait and one for landscape though. I like to use my iPad in portrait more than I do landscape. Otherwise this is just what I was looking for.

10. macrumors 68020

Agreed. The thing, though, is pretty squishy so that you can, in fact, use it to prop up an Ipad in portrait mode. It just won't be as much of a "wedge" as it would be in landscape mode. But there is definitely a lot of "give" to it.

11. macrumors G4

Night Spring

Could you kindly tell me how it changes angles? I looked through their website, but there was no explanation. Also, how is the build and construction quality? Thanks!

12. macrumors 68020

Because of the fact that it is squishy and not firm, you can really kind of mold it to how you want to use the iPad. Hard to describe really...

Construction and quality seem to be really good.

13. macrumors G4

Night Spring

Thanks, I guess I'd really have to try it myself! ;)

14. CVC
    thread starter macrumors member

The sides of the triangle are uneven. When you look at the side while the iPad is on it there is a long side and a short side. When it sits on the long side the iPad is at a 30 degree angle. When it sits on the short side it's at a 45 angle.

The build seems good. I've only had the pad for a week so couldn't tell you how it's going to last, but it doesn't feel cheap.

15. macrumors newbie

Thanks for the kind words guys.

I would like to extend a discount to any Macrumors users interested in a Wedgepad.

http://wedgepad.com/macrumors.php

Thanks, again.
    Sam

16. macrumors regular

Wow.

That is a very nice offer, thanks.

Will probably pick up a few as gifts.

17. macrumors 68040

Thank you for the generous offer!

I wish it was a good time in life for me to buy one, but alas, it is not. I'm hearing October might be better though (I'm in a nasty divorce and we apparently go to trial in September). I would actually like to get one for my dad for non-iPad use, I think the size would work.

I just have to hope you have them in stock closer to the holidays!

But thanks again for thinking of us!!

18. macrumors 68020

Hey Tracey...

Sending good thoughts your way for better times. While I don't know you, I ALWAYS enjoy reading your posts.

I can recommend the Wedgepad. Can't wait to use it on my next layover.

Have a great day, and keep your chin up. :)

19. macrumors 68020

I've already bought one. What can you do for me, buddy? :D

20. macrumors 68040

Thanks.... I'm trying to keep it up, its been a long 19 months getting this far... I'm afraid to think there is a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel. :eek:

And, you know, seeing what you will buy next keeps me entertained :D

Don't forget to report back how it goes. I'm soooo ready to jump on a plane and go somewhere, and the Cessna for search and rescue doesn't count! I need a vacation. Bad.

21. macrumors 68020

God bless you, Tracey. 19 months IS a long time. You WILL get through it. (I can certainly tell you some stories about MY life...LOL...Keep the faith.)

In the meantime, I will keep you entertained with some of my iPad accessory adventures LOL

:)

22. macrumors newbie

Sam,

I am in the UK, how do I order a Wedgepad shipped to UK, your web site doesn't accept payments from non-US paypal members.

Thanks
    Nigel

23. macrumors newbie

No problem. Shoot us an email with your order number and we will refund you the difference.

24. macrumors newbie

Nigel,

We get a lot of requests for shipping to the UK, but unfortunately we don't have the resources to handle international orders just yet. We have plans to start shipping to the UK,Canada and Australia in a couple months. Hope that helps.

Sam

25. macrumors 6502a

Tomple

Thanks so much

You guys are awesome!