Week 30 MacBook Owners- Experience any problems?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by myMac, Jul 31, 2006.

1. myMac macrumors newbie

Have any of you guys come across any random shutdown/discoloration/mooing/etc... issues on your week 30 mb's?

thanks

2. mattjgalloway macrumors member

Umm I assume I am a week 30 (any way to check for sure?) as I got it last Wednesday.

I've had no problems so far except a couple of Mac OS problems like when I was updating the software I suddenly couldn't open anything - no programs at all would open. It was only downloading updates aswell, not during the installation phase.

But no discoloration / mooing / random shutdowns for me as yet. I noticed a slight randomness in the plastic around the iSight, but I think it's just a bit that's more shiny than the rest - nothing to report about.

:-D

3. myMac thread starter macrumors newbie

The serial number (found in the second email "Apple Invoice") is in the form: 4H6XX. the two x's indicate what week your model is.

4. Josias macrumors 68000

Josias

Where do I see my serial number? I didn't quite get what myMac said?:confused:

5. xfiftyfour macrumors 68030

xfiftyfour

click on the apple in the upper left hand corner, go to "About This Mac", and then click where it says "version 10.4.7" underneath the bold "Mac OS X" until you see your serial number come up (will take 2 clicks).

In your serial number, of the first 5 digits, the last 2 are your production week.

IE: in 4H626, 26 is the production week.

6. ibidiem macrumors member

Josias, it should look like this on the invoice statement

Item Product Product Description Total Total Unit Extended
    Number Ordered Shipped Price Price
    004 MA255LL/A MB 13/2.0/2X256/60/SD:WHI 1 1 1,199.00 1,199.00
    SerialNo.: ( 4H631XXXXXX )

(I just ordered this this weekend (yippie!!!). as you can see from the serial number (the X's are just me coverling my aXX), its a week 31)

7. Josias macrumors 68000

Josias

Week 19 - no whine, moo, yellow stains, falling apart, hotness (except of course the natural hotness of apple products:D )

8. codo macrumors 6502

Check out this site for the MacBook staining - Also has information on what week numbers are experiencing problems (Click "The List" on the far right of the navigation bar).

9. olivia macrumors member

10. Tramalon macrumors newbie

Week 31 (August). I've had it for less than 24 hours and I'm experienceing the random shutdowns. Back she goes to the applestore......

11. sadatkarim macrumors member

12. 7on macrumors 601

7on

Really?!?! Random Shutdowns or randomly turning off? If it's just turning off, black, poof nothing. Then I'd probably sign into the Apple Discussions board and tell them about this. To my knowledge no books have showcased this problem so early - most have been 3-4 weeks new but repaired books coming back and working for about a week. We're all trying to find the lowest common denominator. :(

13. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

same here

14. /dev/toaster macrumors 68020

/dev/toaster

Interesting, always wondered how that all works. Not sure if its good or bad that I have a week 2 - 17" MBP :D

15. ylimes macrumors newbie

Week 30. I've had it for exactly two weeks and it's never made any noise (knock on wood), but it is very hot. I think I had a stuck pixel, but I can't find it now so perhaps it fixed itself?

16. Mackilroy macrumors 68040

Mackilroy

17. xfiftyfour macrumors 68030

xfiftyfour

Week 26 - had the discoloration, but other than that a silent machine.

18. adiddas125 macrumors member

Week 30, 5 Dead Pixels, Grease Smudges, Track Pad Scratches. Getting a new MB shipped.

19. adiddas125 macrumors member

Week 30, 5 Dead Pixels, Grease Smudges, Track Pad Scratches. Getting a new MB shipped.

20. Star Destroyer macrumors 6502

:D week 24 - pretty quiet, no other macs to compare it with though, i can handle the heat so thats no big deal, and she moos a bit only when its like 27 degrees out and shes been running for hours..

21. breakfastcrew macrumors 6502

22. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

well mine looks like it's starting to stain a little. i guess i'm gonna take it to the apple store tomorrow

23. adiddas125 macrumors member

If you bought your macbook online from apple's online store, can you take it to say their retail brick and mortar store and expect service as if you were calling apple? If I do take my thing back to the apple store what things should I bring? Printed invoices???

24. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

my understanding is it doesn't matter where you bought it at, you can take it to the apple store.

are you taking yours back? do you have staining?

25. shadowmoses macrumors 68000

shadowmoses

Not quite week 30 but nearly, Mine is fine apart from the trackpad squeaking and 1 dead pixel everything is A1 perfect, I am going to take the macbook in to get the creaking trackpad fixed as soon as I have time,

Amazing machine BTW.....

ShadoW