Week 38 CPU whine

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Nuks, Nov 1, 2006.

1. Nuks macrumors 6502a

Feb 25, 2006
    I've had a CPU whine (I think that's what it is) for a little while now, and while it's not a HUGE deal, it is getting a little louder.. Also, I don't know if this means anything, but when I connect the magsafe, the whining goes into "high gear." That is to say, it gets a little louder, and more high pitched. I'm not anywhere near an apple store, so going there to get it checked out is out of the question. Any help?

EDIT: It's actually a magsafe whine that other people have reported. it goes off when the isight is engaged. i brought it up in another topic, so feel free to ignore this one.
  2. NetGX macrumors newbie

Sep 10, 2006
    Is it a macbook or macbook pro?

I am having the same trouble except mine is with a regular 1.83ghz white macbook.

Its really annoying, is sounds like a mosquito when i'm in the quiet library.

Is this covered under warranty?
  3. Jiddick ExRex macrumors 65816

Jiddick ExRex

May 14, 2006
    Roskilde, DK
    It is covered since Apple has already acknowledged and replaced/repaired the units making such a noise.
  4. NetGX macrumors newbie

Sep 10, 2006
    What about normal macbooks, I was only aware of this problem being acknwoledged for the macbook pros.
  5. Nuks thread starter macrumors 6502a

Feb 25, 2006
    It's a macbook, sorry.

And what happens when they replace it? Will I lose all my files on my harddrive? Or will they be able to migrate them over?