Weekend Plans?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by gwuMACaddict, Oct 6, 2005.

1. gwuMACaddict macrumors 68040

Apr 21, 2003
    washington dc
    This has been such a boring week here at Macrumors...

Anybody have anything fun planned for the weekend? :D

I think I'm going to see a movie (haven't been to one in ages), and maybe go sailing if the weather clears up a bit.

Anyone else?
  2. iSaint macrumors 603

May 26, 2004
    South Mississippi y'all, near the water!
    Sailing? I wanna go sailing!!! Never been, but the water...she calls me!

BTW married with two kids. Not much to our weekends...yard work, play with the kids, church. There is a girls' soccer match at Miss State we're going to.
  3. efoto macrumors 68030

Nov 16, 2004
    Cloud 9 (-6)
    The same thing we do every week Pinky, go out and drink.

A sad existence to some, myself included, but nothing else is happening as all of my friends are in session currently, so the only time we can go out is Friday/Saturday nights. Saturday I will workout and run to cover Friday's activities, and then probably see a movie or something and just relax.

I hope some good movies come out soon, my friend C and I have been catching up (3 in the last few days) and we are running out of good ones.
  4. yoda13 macrumors 65816

Sep 26, 2003
    well, Friday nite, I am staying home and relaxing and catching up on the few TV shows that I tape during the week to watch. On Saturday, the girlfriend and myself are going shopping during the day, and then that night we are going to go to one of those Japanese restaurants where they cook the food on the table in front of you. I don't know how exciting that actually is, but I am looking forward to it. :D
  5. efoto macrumors 68030

Nov 16, 2004
    Cloud 9 (-6)
    I hear those are actually quite entertaining, from a culinary aspect at least. Let me know how that goes, I have only heard but never been.
  6. Thanatoast macrumors 6502a

Dec 3, 2002
    I am driving up to Keystone to get a season pass. First one for me! :D Never thought I'd actually have enough cash to own equipment and buy one. Very exciting, for me at least.

For those eating at Benihana's or equivalent, get plenty of sake and go in determined to enjoy yourself. It can be very fun, especially when you get in to it.
  7. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Nov 1, 2001
    Ha - weekends? Not much here, my wife did mention that she wanted to go into Ft. Wayne (the biggest city 45 minutes away). Now that's exciting....

8. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

Aug 1, 2004
    The City of Culture, Englandshire
    The missus is abandoning me this weekend to go and visit one of her old university friend down south, so I'm at a bit of a loose end. I might have a lie in, a bit of a hoover, watch the football on the telly, and most likely post on here a bit too.

Truly, my life is a giddying rollercoaster of adventure. :)
  9. wordmunger macrumors 603

Sep 3, 2003
    North Carolina
    I'm heading up to Washington D.C. to stay with friends for the weekend. Then on Saturday our friends will watch our kids while we to to a wedding in Maryland. On Sunday we'll probably catch some museums and go to a nice restaurant for dinner, then we'll drive home Monday.
  10. Dr. Dastardly macrumors 65816

Dr. Dastardly

Jun 26, 2004
    I live in a giant bucket!
    Oh weird I just went to my first one yesterday! They are alot of fun and just incredible to watch. We got a crack up for a chef and what he could do with just one knife is amazing. It was my fiances birthday and he took the rings from an onion to make a sort of tower (balancing one ring on top of another) right on the grill. After that he poured alot of what seemed like cooking oil in and after 5 seconds or so it started shooting steam out of it as he yelled "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!". It was just amazing that he could create all that in under 20 seconds.

One piece of advice is make sure you wear something easily washable. With the cooking right infront of you it will definatly absorb the smell.
  11. macartistkel macrumors 6502a

Aug 7, 2005
    Portland, Oregon
    GOING TO VIRIGNIA TECH for Homecoming game!!! I haven't been back in a couple of years and I am so excited to see my girlfriends!!! Its going to be crazy!! :)

Much needed because I am super stressed out these days!! :)
  12. emw macrumors G4

Aug 2, 2004
    We're getting new carpet and a new bedroom set next week, so this weekend we're clearing out the old stuff and painting. Goes well with last weekend's project of installing recessed lighting in the bedroom.

I may also have the chance to run Saturday morning with our group, and maybe watch some baseball as well.
  13. sushi Moderator emeritus

Jul 19, 2002
    I enjoyed Benihana's in the states.

I have yet to see a similar restarant like that in Japan except on US Bases or in some very Western type hotels.

Sure there are places where the chef can be seen cooking/preparing the meal, but not at the table like Benihana's. The only table places are the ones where the partrons do it themselves -- which are fun.

On a side note, I had sushi with gold on it. Real gold. Strange I must say. Maybe not as strange as some of the live stuff that I've eaten but...

14. efoto macrumors 68030

Nov 16, 2004
    Cloud 9 (-6)
    Do you have a bulkhead running around the perimeter of the bedroom with lighting on top of it? therefore being an indirect/recessed light source for your bedroom?

I have only seen this once and I loved it! It was a 12 ft ceiling I believe, with a bulkhead at 8 or 9 ft (probably a foot wide) with lighting everywhere on top but you could never see it. Looked awesome.
  15. XNine macrumors 68040

Apr 7, 2005
    Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    Well, most of the excessive labor was done last weekend. But Saturday is CLEAN OUT OLD AND UNWORN CLOTHES DAY! Sunday will be SIT ON MY ASS DAY! And well, that's pretty much it. My girlfriend gets her first paycheck in two months tomorrow. Thank God. I'm making her go buy me Cowboy Bebop REMIX DVD 1 for some of the money she owes me. Sucks that I collected the original DVD sereis and the awesome artbox, now to have to re-buy it in 5.1 and digitally remastered video. *sigh*

So I'll probably watch the AVs VS. Dallas game. Corpse hump some fools on Halo 2, and that'll be about it.
  16. scem0 macrumors 604

Jul 16, 2002
    back in NYC!
    Friday - class from 9:00AM to 2:40. I'll get home around 3:00 and I'll sleep till 10 or 11 (PM ;)). Then I'm going dancing, which I'll do all night long :).

Saturday - homework and hanging out with friends around the dorm during the day, forcing myself to stay awake till 7PM or so, so I can sleep till 5AM.

Sunday - wake up at 5AM, go jogging. Homework till I get sleepy. Sleep till late, go to Avalon and Dance all night :). Try to get in a couple of hours of sleep for class the next day.

Class at 9 on Monday :(.

17. emw macrumors G4

Aug 2, 2004
    No, nothing that fancy. We have standard 8ft ceilings, but I installed recessed lighting cans so that the lights are "embedded" in the ceiling, giving much better overall lighting that what we had before. Plus, they're on a dimmer, which is nice.
  18. im_to_hyper macrumors 65816

Aug 25, 2004
    Glendale, California, USA
    I'm going to visit my grandma who has cancer and help her take care of her house. Afterward, I was planning on going swimming in Lake Superior but the high is only supposed to be 45 this weekend. It was 86 degress yesterday.
  19. clayj macrumors 604

Jan 14, 2005
    visiting from downstream
    Friday night: 2 art openings (galleries that are one block away from each other), dinner, then the new Wallace & Gromit movie

Saturday night: a 2nd Oktoberfest dinner

Sunday afternoon and evening: football, football, football! hoping to see the Panthers go to 3-2 (they're playing at Arizona)
  20. khammack macrumors regular

Sep 28, 2004
    Portland, OR
    I'm driving from Portland, OR USA to Victoria, BC CA. My wife loves gardening so we're off to see Butchart gardens (again).

21. efoto macrumors 68030

Nov 16, 2004
    Cloud 9 (-6)
    I think I made a gross confusion between "recessed lighting" and "indirect lighting" in my head. Now that you say that, I know exactly what you mean but before i had some strange feeling you meant what I was saying.

Anyway, sounds nice what you have done, a lot of work but well worth it. I wish I had any lighting in my bedroom, I just have two small lamps, a tele, and computer monitors :rolleyes:
  22. devilot Moderator emeritus

May 1, 2005
    System of a Down and Mars Volta concert Saturday night... a one day class offered by my college on the iLife apps earlier on Saturday. That's all for concrete plans for this weekend...
  23. eva01 macrumors 601

Feb 22, 2005
    Gah! Plymouth
    Red Sox Game tomorrow i hope

I only get tickets for playoffs :p