Weekends

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by mgargan1, Dec 4, 2006.

1. mgargan1 macrumors 65816

mgargan1

So, what's fun to do on the weekends where you're from...? I know everyone has different tastes, but in general what do you do to have fun?

I know in Bethesda, MD I have lots of options as far as bars go, we have Bethesda, DC (which can be broken up into lots of places like adams morgan, georgetown, etc... which all have different atmospheres), I went up to Annapolis for the first time this weekend, Baltimore's not that far of a drive, and there are lots of fun places in Northern VA.

2. amateurmacfreak macrumors 6502a

amateurmacfreak

I'm 13, so not much to do for the weekends. Hang out with friends at the mall (Apple Storrrreeee!), all age shows, movies, etc... Basically lame, minus the Apple Store. Starbucks and the bookstore are also decent options.

3. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

Saturday afternoons are usually spent either at the football or listening to commentary from some far flung away fixture on the radio. The way our team is playing at the moment though, I really wouldn't describe it as 'fun'. :eek:

On the evening we can drown our sorrows in one of the nice, cosy little pubs that are a short walk away from our flat.

4. R.Youden macrumors 68020

R.Youden

Being dragged around the shops by my girlfriend as she works on Saturday morning! If I an alowed to stay in I too try and listen to the football on the radio but again, at the moment it aint too much fun.

Sunday I try and play golf but it is a bit difficult with my broken leg at the moment! Hopefully after Christmas I will start to get back into it.

Jaffa, how many cosy pubs do you know in Hull? Last time I was in a pub in Hull a bloke got his jaw broken; by the landlord who was off his face!

5. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

They are there if you know where to look – The Black Boy in High Street is our current favourite.

6. Patmian212 macrumors 68020

Patmian212

Me and my friends(all aged 16-18) go to pubs a lot. Our current favorite is an irish pub called Triskel. We also go clubbing occaisonally. If not then we chill at my place usually with some beers and some chill music. Me and my best friend are currently addicted to NBA for the gamecube and we can spend hours playing that.

7. Tanglewood macrumors 6502a

Tanglewood

This time of year its a little to cold to go to the beach to go swimming though I still find it relaxing to do a bonfire and some football in the sand.

Other things I do on a more regular basis are go to movies, hang out with friends (they enjoy playing beerpong), and watching NFL games on Sunday.

8. SpookTheHamster macrumors 65816

SpookTheHamster

I sleep. I'd do some work, but I'm always too busy sleeping.

9. mgargan1 thread starter macrumors 65816

mgargan1

You know the funny thing about sleep is, that the more you sleep the more tired you are when you wake up...

10. SpookTheHamster macrumors 65816

SpookTheHamster

It's terrible here at uni. At home my room had no curtains and I'd be woken naturally by the Sun (no light pollution where I live). I'd be bright eyed and bushy tailed by 8, no matter what. Now at uni I have one window and it doesn't get any sunlight, so I wake up late feeling groggy. I've been seriously considering those alarm clocks that wake you up with light.

11. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

This is also what I do. I get so little during the week, I just zonk out. Sometimes I do some homework, but usually I just sleep. :)

12. MarkCollette macrumors 68000

MarkCollette

I must be getting old, because I feel tired by 7pm now a days, even on the weekends... Thank god for Sunday afternoon Yoga class, so I get up off my ass at some point.

13. joepunk macrumors 68030

joepunk

wake-up 7-8am. Lunch is usually around noon at Costco (gotta love those free handouts). Evenings are either catching up on TV or going to a concert in Seattle (if it is not raining).

14. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

Friday night is often chill-out in the dorm watching movies, maybe a frat if one is open, Saturday night my friends and I will go out to a frat party or two around campus, maybe a house party if something special is going on. Night ends around 4am.

Saturday daytime is usually slow...brunch around 1 in the afternoon, maybe a movie in the afternoon, catching up on homework if you're behind. Maybe watch a movie. :)