Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fireman32

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 30, 2010
Raleigh, NC
Welcome to this weeks contest.

I am giving you a challenge this week. One of my favorite things to photograph is long exposure lightpainting. Now we all know that every photograph is some form of lightpainting but lets see how creative you can be.

Contest ends: 24th April 2015

Rules:

1. Be creative and have fun.

2. Please submit only one photo per contest.

3. Please do not comment on photos until after the judging has taken place.

4. The contest runs for exactly one week, starting NOW! (see time/date stamp at the start of this thread)

5. At the end of the week, The judge (last week's winner) will choose a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place photo, providing as much feedback as possible. (Judge has 24 hours to make decision)

6. The 1st place Winner will start a new thread with the topic/theme of their choice, and act as the Judge for that contest. (Winner has 48 hours to create new theme)

Here's an example of what I mean.
DSC_0801.jpg by dspector32, on Flickr

deep diver

macrumors 68030
Jan 17, 2008
Philadelphia.
A single point of light reflected off a swinging pendulum.

Attachments

• Pendulum-110.jpg
    Pendulum-110.jpg
    310.1 KB · Views: 252

deep diver

macrumors 68030
Jan 17, 2008
Philadelphia.

Only a couple of images so far???????????

Really??????????????

We've seen lots of light painted images in this forum. More people need to post.

sim667

macrumors 65816
Dec 7, 2010
The only one ive got is a test shot from a long time ago, but its watermarked with my real name, so don't want to stick it on here for the world to see.

kenoh

macrumors demi-god
Jul 18, 2008
Glasgow, UK
Ha ha... I am trying to get a decent one but i am failing miserably to shoot the challenge this week...

tomnavratil

macrumors 6502a
Oct 2, 2013
The only one ive got is a test shot from a long time ago, but its watermarked with my real name, so don't want to stick it on here for the world to see.

What about Photoshoping it out? I'm sure the contest will be great with more images! :cool:

----------

Ha ha... I am trying to get a decent one but i am failing miserably to shoot the challenge this week...

Haha agreed. I did one test shot yesterday but then deleted it by mistake. However it has been horrendous, I'm all up for learning so trying to get one more today and see how it turns out.

sim667

macrumors 65816
Dec 7, 2010
What about Photoshoping it out? I'm sure the contest will be great with more images! :cool:

----------

Haha agreed. I did one test shot yesterday but then deleted it by mistake. However it has been horrendous, I'm all up for learning so trying to get one more today and see how it turns out.

If i have time tonight I will.

fireman32

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 30, 2010
Raleigh, NC
last day for entries people. Let see some pictures. Remember the theme can be interpreted to how you think it is. I have a shoot tonight so I will not be home until late so there is the whole day to get your entires in

kenoh

macrumors demi-god
Jul 18, 2008
Glasgow, UK

----------

Yeah exactly, weekly challenge, I try to shoot new for every challenge so it challenges me... Ha ha But man this week my attempts suck!

kenoh

macrumors demi-god
Jul 18, 2008
Glasgow, UK
OK, so I know it isnt very good, have been trying to get a halo effect on my daughter with one of her glow stick thing-ma-jigs. However in order to get images up and to at least show I have been trying, here goes. I also wish she would smile.

Attachments

• 1dev-1.jpg
    1dev-1.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 235

mister evans

macrumors newbie
Apr 24, 2015
Warp Drive

Camera strapped to the boot lid, cable-trigger exposing for 30 seconds. Prepare to jump into hyper space. It was fun.

Attachments

• LONG EXPOSURE REGENT ST LR.jpg
    LONG EXPOSURE REGENT ST LR.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 239

NeGRit0

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2008
Las Vegas, Nv
I do a lot of light painting, and just had two assignment for class which were just that so it was hard to choose, but I settled on this one.

Exif - 33mm 15sec f/8 ISO100

kenoh

macrumors demi-god
Jul 18, 2008
Glasgow, UK
Come on then Fireman. Let's get this show on the road....

Must be out on a shout. Temperature is rising here, gonna reach flashpoint soon as we are burning inside, all fired up to see who made the cut. - crap attempt at a funny pun sorry... Nothing else to do while i wait for next task to fail at...

Last edited:

deep diver

macrumors 68030
Jan 17, 2008
Philadelphia.
Must be out on a shout. Temperature is rising here, gonna reach flashpoint soon as we are burning inside, all fired up to see who made the cut. - crap attempt at a funny pun sorry... Nothing else to do while i wait for next task to fail at...

Maybe a few more bad jokes will smoke him out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.