Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kenoh

macrumors demi-god
Original poster
Jul 18, 2008
Glasgow, UK
Welcome to this week's photo contest!

Theme: Journey

Looking at my calendar for the coming week and I am going to be in Windsor, London, Glasgow, Edinburgh and Munich. I will be travelling light and packing my P&S for impromptu photo opportunities. With this in mind, I would like to challenge you to capture a journey. The journey can be mental, physical, literal or abstract. A lonely walk on a winding road, a last suitcase on a moving baggage belt or merely a creative picture of a ticket for a train. Let’s go on a visual journey and see what we can create.

So, pack your bags and get your game on…

Rules:

• Be creative and have fun.
  • You may only submit one photo per contest.
  • Please do not comment on photos until after the judging has taken place.
  • The contest runs for one week, starting NOW! (see time/date stamp at the start of this thread.)
  • At the end of the week, The Judge (last week's Winner) will choose a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place photo, providing as much feedback as possible.
  • The 1st place Winner will start a new thread with the topic/theme of their choice, and act as the Judge for that contest. (Winner has 48 hours to create new theme, after that it defers to 2nd place).

MacRy

macrumors 601
Apr 2, 2004
England
Similar vein to Ish...

14711503059_b484b57503_h.jpg

Hughmac

macrumors 603
Feb 4, 2012
Kent, UK
Joined MacRumors today just to participate in the digital photography threads every now and then. I enjoy the community here. I figured I may as well post a picture as well. :) Thanks!

View attachment 624342
Don't know what's gone wrong, but when I try to open up your photo I get this message -

MacRumors Forums - Error
You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action.

Cheers :)

Hugh

inkmich

macrumors 6502a
Mar 31, 2016
Maryland
Don't know what's gone wrong, but when I try to open up your photo I get this message -

MacRumors Forums - Error
You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action.

Cheers :)

Hugh

Unfortunately I don't either; I'm working on it. Bear with me.

EDIT: I think I got it right now, see above.

Last edited:

deep diver

macrumors 68030
Jan 17, 2008
Philadelphia.
Joined MacRumors today just to participate in the digital photography threads every now and then. I enjoy the community here. I figured I may as well post a picture as well. :) Thanks!

Welcome to the club. I think you will enjoy being here. Looking forward to your contributions.
[doublepost=1459466870][/doublepost]

I shot this a couple of years ago in Park City, Utah. It was my first real excursion into landscape photography. (And, yes. I am shamelessly double dipping the theme. ;))

_DSC5334_5_6_tonemapped resize smaller.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: JamesMike

kenoh

macrumors demi-god
Original poster
Jul 18, 2008
Glasgow, UK

View attachment 624345

EDIT: Second attempt

Welcome aboard. Park your serious head at the homepage and come enjoy the fun.

That was an attempt at a pun on your picture. Failed miserably... Oh well... Glad you could join us.

inkmich

macrumors 6502a
Mar 31, 2016
Maryland
is that a porsche by any chance?

Good eye! Long story short, I was fortunate enough to take a solo trip around the US a couple of years ago to celebrate turning 50 and to honor my father who gave me his 993 (he is no longer able to drive it). That picture was taken in eastern Utah. And yes, I have a very understanding wife who truth be told, didn't really want to spend two weeks in a tiny car.

kenoh

macrumors demi-god
Original poster
Jul 18, 2008
Glasgow, UK
Good eye! Long story short, I was fortunate enough to take a solo trip around the US a couple of years ago to celebrate turning 50 and to honor my father who gave me his 993 (he is no longer able to drive it). That picture was taken in eastern Utah. And yes, I have a very understanding wife who truth be told, didn't really want to spend two weeks in a tiny car.

He gave you a 993?!?!?! last of the air cooled! Very nice and no better way to enjoy it than on a roadtrip!

One day I will have one of these.

Anyway, it is my comp this week and we arent supposed to talk during the comp... so good luck and I will talk soon.

kenoh

macrumors demi-god
Original poster
Jul 18, 2008
Glasgow, UK
Well damn... This is shaping up to be a right nightmare to judge. :)

Superb entries coming in. Thank you everyone for your entries so far. Few days left to steal the show.

kenoh

macrumors demi-god
Original poster
Jul 18, 2008
Glasgow, UK
Ok everyone. Competition now closed. I will take an overnight to review and critique.

Results up tomorrow. Good luck.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.