WeeMee iGav

Discussion in 'Community' started by iGav, Jun 6, 2004.

1. iGav macrumors G3

Here in Blighty, we have a website called Friends Reunited, that is kind of like a contact and message board allowing you to post up-to-date information about yourself so that old school buds can find out what you're doing and vice-versa, and generally arrange good old fashioned reunion pi$$ ups like the old days in High School. heheh :D

One feature of the site that never really took off is the photo functionality, allowing people to broadcast how unfortunate they now look. heheh

So what they've done is add a feature called 'WeeMee', that is kind of like a caricature generator allowing you to create a mini-me version of yourself with little features etc etc that demonstrates ones... errr 'uniqueness'. heheh ;) :p

However... no where in the list of features is there a Mac nevermind a PowerBook, and I began thinking that my PowerBook is such a vital part of me and my life, and how it allows me to do what I love... everyday, that it deserves to be represented by my WeeMee side. :D

So I took the liberty of adding a WeeMee PowerBook to my WeeMee... and FR have actually approved it and uploaded it for me. :D

How sad am I... heheheheh :p

2. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

That is very cute iGAV. Do you happen to have blue eyes. Very healthy to have a glass of red wine. ;) The PowerBook is a nice touch! :)

3. WinterMute Moderator emeritus

WinterMute

I want one, damn you Gav how do you come up with stuff like this, have they added it to the choices on the site????

I hate you just a little bit :D

4. iGav thread starter macrumors G3

Yep... they added the little WeeMee generator a few months ago, because few people were uploading photo's ;)

heheheh I drew the PowerBook myself in Illustrator... :) I was fed up by the lack of choices in the options (none of which were especially representative of me), so I decided to take matters into my own hands and add my own WeeMee PowerBook. :D

Then I just created the WeeMee on the FR site, D/L'd it, added the PowerBook and 'Devil' tee, then deleted the FR WeeMee on the site, and U/L'd my custom WeeMee as a photo (which they then moderate to makesure it isn't too dodge or anything), and a couple of days later it appeared instead of FR's crappy WeeMee. ;)

I shall be changing it soon... the red wine is going, 'cos it's Summer, and thus needs to be replaced by a pint of Strongbow, and I'm changing the tee to a red DirtyHabit tee I've just bought. ;)

Mr Mute, please feel free to nab my PowerBook off my WeeMee and add it to your own... ;)

wdlove, I have very blue eyes, especially when the sun comes out... I also have very long eyelashes for a boy... many a girl envies them :D

5. caveman_uk Guest

caveman_uk

I was going to say isn't a pint of cider more your tipple???

Your WeeMee actually looks a lot like you :D

6. evoluzione macrumors 68010

evoluzione

down the road, that's where i'll always be
    i need to resubscribe to that site...

i cannot believe people bitch about paying five squid or whatever it is. i found two great mates on there that i'd lost contact with since moving stateside, so that to me, is priceless.

i think they have a similar thing here, classmates.com ?

gotta go checkout the weemee though!!! classic!

7. iAmAzN macrumors 6502

8. iGav thread starter macrumors G3

heheh I know... it's kind of scary isn't it. :p :p :p

It's sad isn't it.... :rolleyes:

I've been paying a fiver a year since it started, and it's come in dead handy on several occasions. ;)

I also put up my email address in my details allowing the tighter of my old chums to be able to email me. If you format it like this, it avoids the Big Brother FR Censor. ;) heheh

m
    e
    @
    t
    h
    i
    s
    c
    o
    m
    p
    a
    n
    y
    c
    o
    u
    k

Works a treat. ;)

9. Royal Pineapple macrumors 65816

Royal Pineapple

Attached Files:

10. caveman_uk Guest

caveman_uk

OK, here's me

...yes I do look that tired!

Attached Files:

11. evoluzione macrumors 68010

evoluzione

down the road, that's where i'll always be
    how'd you get the devil t-shirt mate??? i plumped for a football as the powerbook wasn't an option :(

at least they had guinness!!!

anyways, i renewed my membership and this is wee mee! haha

Attached Files: