Weird and *very* loud noise

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by allisonv7, Aug 3, 2005.

1. allisonv7 macrumors 6502

So I went to take a screen shot a few seconds ago and got this horrific sound coming from my iMac, it lasted less than a second and.

I figured out it's when I hold down Shift Option, then try to take a screenshot (Shift Apple 3). I don't hear it when the computers on Mute, so I assume it's some sort of sound issue. Does this happen to anyone else? I did a search but came up with nothing.

Thanks,

allison.

2. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

you sure it isn't the sound effect from taking the screen shot, like a camera?

3. stridey macrumors 65816

stridey

Have you tried doing anything else that causes sound (like playing a song in iTunes) to see if that behaves normally?

4. allisonv7 thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah, in fact my itunes was running when it did it. And it definitely wasn't the "snap" of the screenshot saving.

I got it to do it 10-12 times right after it first happened. I can't get it to do it now though. Nothing else seems to be affected.

I'm at a loss. :confused:

allison.

5. stridey macrumors 65816

stridey

Very odd. However, if it's not doing it anymore I wouldn't worry.

6. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

Are you sure the song you were listening to isnt corrupt? I heard a loud screeching noise once, freaked out, a few days later i realized it was just the song.

Ed