Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

starfx6464

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 24, 2005
So I pretty much always have Adium and iTunes open and visible all the time, and it's no different when I leave for work today. However, when I come back I find both Adium and iTunes hidden while AIM, iChat, and TextEdit have all managed to be launched. At first I thought it was possibly one of the cats that managed to really do some weird things, but after actually thinking about it I threw that out. Even launching all the apps would be difficult since AIM isn't even in my Dock. That's not to even mention the hiding of Adium and iTunes. I know it wasn't my roommate messing with my computer as he's completely Mac illiterate. Viewing recent documents doesn't show that any documents were opened, only applications. However, a preference in Adium appeared to change since my avatar switched back to an Eight ball. However, after logging out and back in to Mac OS X, it appears to have fixed itself there.

I'm currently running 10.3.9. Anyone else ever have this happen or have any idea what may have caused this?

GimmeSlack12

macrumors 603
Apr 29, 2005
San Francisco
starfx6464 said:
when I come back I find both Adium and iTunes hidden while AIM, iChat, and TextEdit have all managed to be launched.

The only thing I can suggest is to look at your startup items (Account preference's) it has a tab that shows what startups when you login. I'm not aware of AIM adding any invisible startup items, but it's possible, iTunes has a helper program. You sure you're roomate didn't open anything? Cause iChat, and AIM have familiar icons to a PC person. I don't know about textedit.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.