Weird black bars when waking from sleep

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by CubaTBird, Aug 13, 2004.

1. CubaTBird macrumors 68020

Apr 18, 2004
    when i wake my ibook from sleep mode, i get these weird black bars for about a sec and then they go away, i have noticed this ever since i insalled 10.3.5, any one else notice this? :confused:
  2. musicpyrite macrumors 68000

Jan 6, 2004
    Cape Cod
    Might be a logic board problem.

What type of iBook is it?
  3. mac_gal macrumors member

Jun 23, 2004
    ME TOO!

I have a Rev C 1.5 GHz Powerbook.

I was actually going to make a thread about this today. I never had this before 10.3.5 -- I'm 99.9% sure.

I've seen screenshots of the iBook w/logic board issues ... my PB looks just like that for 1 second as it's coming out of sleep (or when the screen was off but the computer was on).

4. mac_gal macrumors member

Jun 23, 2004
    it looks like this

Found this screenshot of an iBook w/logic board issues.

This is just like what I'm seeing -- CubaTBird (or others), is this what you see as well?

Like the screenshot, the fuzzyness is pretty much confined to the top half of the screen.
  5. zim macrumors 65816

Jan 5, 2002
    Since the 10.3.5 update, upon waking my powerBook 667, I see, um, sorta like a scrambled image... like corrupted jpg... that is the best I can do to explain it.
  6. CubaTBird thread starter macrumors 68020

Apr 18, 2004

i agree with zim thats what i have too
  7. zim macrumors 65816

Jan 5, 2002
    Neat image, how did you do it? I want to capture my powerBook in the act, oddly the "effect" only last a few seconds.... did you possibly do a screen capture? My wife is on the laptop for the night, won't get to try till tomorrow. Oddly, it seems that only laptop users are seeing this, my iMac is fine.
  8. MacFan26 macrumors 65816

Jan 8, 2003
    San Francisco, California
    My mom had the same problem, except everytime that happened the computer would freeze and she'd have to force restart it. It ended up being the logic board, on a G3 iBook.
  9. mac_gal macrumors member

Jun 23, 2004
    That's not a shot of my PB; it's some poor guy's iBook.

My PB, however, looks exactly like that for about 1-2 seconds as it's coming out of sleep. I might think about taking into the Apple Store to see if they can help? :confused:
  10. CubaTBird thread starter macrumors 68020

Apr 18, 2004

its probably just 10.3.5 update, when .6 comes out it might fix it. I reverted to .4 and the problem went away. ;)
  11. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

Feb 2, 2002
    While annoying, this doesn't sound like it's causing any other problems, why not just live with it until the next update? Since it's clearly not an isolated bug, Apple will probably patch it with the next security update...

12. Elan0204 macrumors 65816

Apr 16, 2002
    Chicago, IL
    Wow, it looks like 10.3.5 is getting worse everyday. I sure am glad I decided to stay away from this one.