Weird Force Quit Message

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by MrMacMan, Apr 19, 2003.

1. MrMacMan macrumors 604

MrMacMan

I keep needed to force quit apps and it seems to get really messed up each time.

I'm never sure if people other than me get similar things...

I'm getting annoyied because I don't have iTunes open and when I took the image I didn't open Safari either, or Stuffit expander, and I only had 1 FPApp open, so I'm getting really pissed off...

2. MrMacMan thread starter macrumors 604

MrMacMan

Bah, Image Upload!!!

Attached Files:

3. mnkeybsness macrumors 68030

mnkeybsness

what third party programs/hacks have you used recently?

repaired permission?

restart?

etc...

4. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

Sounds like user processes aren't ending correctly when you start them. To verify this, check the contents of the force-quit window, then restart, and look at the window before opening anything. Then try opening and closing apps, and see if they stick in the menu... also try seeing if any don't stick there after being opened/closed... my guess is that they all will...

i really can't tell you how to fix it but at least we can isolate the problem here...

pnw

5. irmongoose macrumors 68030

irmongoose

I've force quit stuff tons of times before... but just yesterday I got the same problem.. I had 4 Finders running at the same time! Maybe it's a bug in 10.2.5? Hmm....?

irmongoose

6. AphexThrice macrumors newbie

After I got my new PowerBook, I thought I'd be a good little cracka and download some crack/hack programs. After that I began to have similar problems.

Items on my desktop would 'replicate' and there would multiple copies of each item, but if I tried to delete one of the multiples, it would delete both.

It went away after I reformatted. I lost 8000 songs. I hope you don't have to do that as well.