Weird iMovie Problem

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ingenious, May 30, 2004.

1. ingenious macrumors 65832

ingenious

Virginia, United States (Kansan in exile)
    Hey....

I was getting ready to burn my state project onto DVD the other day, and was checking it for the last time in iMovie. It was perfect (well as good as iMovie goes) and so I had my teacher check it. The problem was that iMovie was moving clips around on its own! Music too! I battled the problem by moving it to a 17" iMac from my PB, and it was okay for a little bit, then the same thing started to happen! I worked on it from when I ate lunch 'til the end of the day and as soon as a thought it was fixed, it'd do it again! What was happening?!?! I'm less confident when I tell people how great my Mac is now :-(

2. ingenious thread starter macrumors 65832

ingenious

BTW is anyone else competing in their state's Student Leadership program (i.e. GenY?)? Is anyone going to be in Topeka for the competition?

3. yoda13 macrumors 65816

yoda13

I have had that problem on past versions of iMovie, but none in over a year. This is disturbing that an old bug would show up again. Let me ask you if you have installed expansion packs of any type for iMovie. That had turned out to be my problem. Or at least getting rid of them got rid of my problems. But that could have been coincidence I guess.

4. ingenious thread starter macrumors 65832

ingenious

Um, I think that computer had eZedia on it. BTW, it was iMovie 4.0.1.