Weird iPod problem...

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by JeDiBoYTJ, Jan 10, 2005.

1. JeDiBoYTJ macrumors 6502a

JeDiBoYTJ

ok, I have a 3G 30GB iPod that I have had for just under a year (10-11 months). Anyway, lately it has been having problems booting up when the whole unit turns off. I hit a key and it turns on, I hear the hard drive start clicking in, and I see the Apple Logo load. then the hard drive stops clicking, and its stuck on the apple logo, and it takes 2-3 resets before it finally loads. well today I reseted it a good 10-15 times and it wouldnt load. so I booted into diagnostics mode and ran a HDD test... which returned as PASS. so I ran a bunch of other random tests, then reset it. still didnt boot. I plugged it into the powerbook, and after 3 resets I hear the chrip, and its booted and mounted.

Any ideas as to why its doing this? is there anything I should do? should I completely reformat the iPod? should I run an external diagnostics program on it? (norton, diskwarrior...etc)? Its out of warrenty, so I can't return it.

PS. when it boots, it works perfectly fine.

2. idkew macrumors 68020

idkew

where the concrete to dirt ratio is better
    tell apple about this. goto an apple store if possible. try to replicate this while talking with a genius.

the genius will give you a new ipod. might as well get a new, non scratched, new batteried ipod while you still can.