Weird issue w/Automatic Login...

Discussion in 'macOS' started by spencecb, Nov 29, 2006.

1. spencecb macrumors 6502a

spencecb

It seems as if this is no longer an option for me on my MacBook Pro...

All the correct options are (de)selected to enable automatic login, except for the fact that when I chose which user I would like to automatically login as (my admin user, the only one I use) does not show up in the pull down list of users.

WTF? Also, when the login screen comes up upon startup, my username is not automatically filled in. And I made sure this still happens when there is only one user account on this computer.

It is almost as if my MacBook Pro (or more likely OS X) is no longer fully recognizing this user account.

Very strange, and very annoying. I don't even use automatic login on my portable, but it would be nice if the damn thing worked.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? Tried anything short of Archive & Install to correct it?

Not to mention the fact that this portable no longer goes to sleep when I close the display...I have to manually do it each time...

A computer this expensive should not have the long list of issues that has plagued the MacBook Pro...And don't give me that ******** line that this is a Rev A. product. Apple isn't new to the portable market.

2. Transeau macrumors 6502a

Transeau

Have you checked your Security Prefs?
    Maybe the "Disable automatic login" is tagged in there?

3. spencecb thread starter macrumors 6502a

spencecb

No, that is not the case. I made sure that all of the appropriate settings were either checked or unchecked (whichever was appropriate) before posting anything.

4. Transeau macrumors 6502a

Transeau

Only thing else I can think of is repairing permissions...?

5. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Have you had any other problems with that account and reparied permissions lately?

If your MBP is not going to sleep/user account is trippy when the lid is close I would suggest you call apple and let them have a look at it as soon as you can.

Bless

6. spencecb thread starter macrumors 6502a

spencecb

You really think this warrants a trip to A Genius Bar? Just asking, I don't mean to sound like I'm being nasty, just a genuine question.

By MBP is still quite noisy, I was never bothered to have them look at that problem. I have until the Spring until my warranty is expired...

7. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

^Yes....You don't have to go there...you can call..this is what your warranty is for. If there is a problem you can't solve and there are professionals that can then I don't see the reason why not...but it is your MBP:eek:

Bless