Weird iTunes Problem

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by richard4339, Oct 2, 2006.

1. richard4339 macrumors 6502a

richard4339

Ok, I'll note that I've tried this on two Windows PCs, a MacBook Pro, a Windows laptop, and a G4 Mac Mini, using versions 6.0, 7.0, and 7.0.1 of iTunes.

If I try to purchase a track in iTunes, it takes me to my credit card information page and asks me to verify my 3 digit CID code from my CC. No problem there. However, when I click submit, it tells me the iTunes store cannot process my request, and to try again later.

Okay, so I tried it on several other computers over the next four days; same thing. Try a different credit card. Same thing. Tried Paypal. Same thing (after Paypal approves it).

So, I go all out tonight and buy a $15 iTunes card at Walmart. It accepts it, I see a $15 credit. Try to download a song, and back to the CC billing confirmation we go!

I've emailed iTunes support, but they still haven't responded several days later, and I can't get through on the 1-800 number.

Any thoughts anybody?

Update: Apple just sent me a canned response telling me to try a different credit card.

2. richard4339 thread starter macrumors 6502a

richard4339

Well, Apple has told me several things now, including the fact that my firewall (I don't have a firewall) is the problem, and also telling me now that the USPS is to blame (my zip code, which has never changed, is causing the problem?).

I guess no one has any other suggestions.