Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CubaTBird

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 18, 2004
sometimes when i listen to a song on my ipod photo, i get a loud chirp or crack type of noise just before the song starts.. the song is not corrupt, it seems to be coming from the ipod itself... and it usually happens when im hearing a song, decide to hear a diff song and select that other song via the select button..

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
Strange, I've started getting random other parts of other random songs in the same playlist (or area that I'm playing from) that are really loud. Do you think this could be related? Could the chirps just be very short segments of another song?

Duff-Man

Contributor
Dec 26, 2002
Albuquerque, NM
Duff-Man says....I have had that too on my 40gb photopod, but only a couple times when using the skip function. It has happened so rarely and randomly that I didn;'t pay it much notice.....oh yeah!

dmw007

macrumors G4
May 26, 2005
Working for MI-6
No problems of this sort to report on my iPod Mini (knocks on wood). But this is definitely a weird problem that you are experiencing. Perhaps a call to Cupertino is in order.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.