Weird Place for an Apple Logo

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by sgarringer, Nov 1, 2004.

1. sgarringer macrumors regular

Me and the GF were walking through downtown Cedar Rapids yesterday. Saw this at this old warehouse building and it just struck me as very odd.

[​IMG]

Here's a little closer view of the logo:

[​IMG]

Maybe if other people have pictures of weird places they've found Apple logos, they could post them here. I've been following the forums for awhile and havn't ever seen any discussion like that.

2. t300 macrumors 6502a

t300

3. stoid macrumors 601

stoid

Ahhhh, just look at that sleek white enclosure! I can see Steve now....

"...the backs of our buildings look nicer than the front of our competitors..."

4. sgarringer thread starter macrumors regular

that is the front of the building though...
    :D

5. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Should grab a Dell sticker and put it on the trash bin if you plan on walking that way again.

6. neoelectronaut macrumors 68020

neoelectronaut

I did this one myself, so it's not so weird.

[​IMG]

...Then again, maybe it is.

7. MacNeXT macrumors 6502

On another note: Will I get Apple stickers with the iBook 12" 1,2GHz that I expect to be delivered to me this week???

8. sgarringer thread starter macrumors regular

on an unrelated note -- anyone know where i can find a cheap used dreamcast? my power supply is failing and will randomly reset during gameplay. its quite annoying.

9. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I wonder what type of a business is located inside. Hope that they do indeed use Mac's. :cool:

10. neoelectronaut macrumors 68020

neoelectronaut

Replacement Power Supply

Sure it's the power supply?

11. sgarringer thread starter macrumors regular

Perhaps I should just buy a new (used) Dreamcast, I think they're averaging like $29 at most stores now?

12. mgargan1 macrumors 65816

mgargan1

nope, they stopped that a little while ago, unfortunately... i think they're trying to cut back costs as much as possible.

13. aethier macrumors 6502a

aethier

my friend stuck one of the apple stickers, that came with my other friend's ibook, on his Asus laptop (where it would have been if it was a mac). i find it pretty funny. he is one of the biggest anti mac people i know, then one day i he comes to school with the apple sticker on his laptop. (he has also bought a used quicksilver since then)

aethier

14. *Y* macrumors regular

A couple days ago I was at a Daily Grind. They had apple logos on a menu to make references. On the bottom there was a note as to what they meant.

15. MacNeXT macrumors 6502

:( BOOOOOOOOOO !!!!

16. stevehaslip macrumors 6502a

stevehaslip

really???!?! when was this? are you sure? thats pretty sad, i like getting something for free :D

17. Inkmonkey macrumors 6502

I bet someone here has an Apple logo tattoo. C'mon, fess up.

18. micvog macrumors 6502

micvog

Not true. I received them with my 12" PowerBook purchased in May of this year, and my 17" iMac just purchased a week ago. In both cases it was in the warranty book - just flip through it and the stickers will come flying out.

19. Rod Rod macrumors 68020

Rod Rod

in an Istanbul taxi

back on topic,

I saw a rainbow Apple logo sticker in an Istanbul taxi. It was stuck in the top left corner of the guages, right behind the steering wheel. I asked the driver if he uses Apple computers. This was difficult because I can't speak Turkish and he didn't understand my English. My impression was that his answer was "no" and also that he had no idea how that sticker got there and why it was there. It probably wasn't his cab.

Maybe toughboy put it there? Someone oughta ask him.

I didn't have a digital camera on me and my JVC HD10 was back at the hotel. I was in Turkey to shoot a documentary.

20. pinks macrumors regular

I got two white apple stickers with my 1.5gig PB about a month ago - perhaps they've stopped this in the move to the G5 processor-based machines?

21. sgarringer thread starter macrumors regular

at one point i found a website with a couple of doods and a chic that had Apple tats. I guess the chic got a job @ Apple, but she claims it wasnt B/C of the tat.

22. numark macrumors member

Nope, still came with my Power Mac G5 from about a month ago. I don't see any reason to believe that they're stopped passing out stickers with machines. I've heard that they're even in the iPod Photo boxes now.

23. homerjward macrumors 68030

homerjward

i did something horrible. i put a celeron and a "designed for windows xp" sticker on my exo3 and then put it on my ipod...i've seen this guy that has an apple logo on his guitar case but i guess that's not too weird

24. iceTrX macrumors regular

The free iPod Photo with the $499 Apple Stickers is the dealmaker for me... ;)

25. spencecb macrumors 6502a

spencecb

You most certainly will get the two white Apple stickers with the purchase of any new Mac. I just got my iMac G5 a couple of weeks ago, and I received them with it. I haven't used them yet though...unsure of where to put them