Weird "problem" with iCal

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by JW008, Feb 21, 2007.

1. JW008 macrumors 6502

Apr 29, 2005
    iCal on my PowerBook does a weird thing with the alarm notifications. You know the little message box that pops up telling you the alarm you set? Well it appears in the upper right hand corner with 95% of it off screen. Is there any way I can get this into the center of the screen? Every other Mac that I've ever used iCal on centers the alarm message---it's just odd that my PowerBook doesn't.
  2. obrien234 macrumors regular

Apr 12, 2005
    Brighton, MI
    From what I figure, this is a screwed up preference set by iCal. In order to fix it, you'll need to reset all of your iCal preferences (possibly not, I'm at work without access to a Mac currently). First Quit iCal, then go to ~/Library/Preferences/ there should be some .plist files with the word "iCal" in it. You can just throw these in the trash (they are just preference settings, stuff like calendar color,etc, not actually data). If a name has a closer name to window placement or something of the like, throw that one away first and test (before throwing away all prefs).

P.S. I had something like this happen with the app DoIt and this fixed it right away