weird psp crashing

Discussion in 'Games' started by homerjward, Feb 22, 2006.

1. homerjward macrumors 68030

homerjward

i was at ut austin on saturday and was trying to use my psp to connect to their wireless network (from the welch building if it has any relevance) using my friend's EID (the way it works is the network is unencrypted but it takes you to a page where you have to log in), but as soon as the message pops up that says "javascript will open a page in a new tab" or similar, i click ok and it hangs, then shuts down, then when i boot it up it does a full boot. i tried clearing the cache, not using cache, all sorts of settings, it always comes out the same. btw i'm on firmware 2.0.

any ideas? :confused:
    it doesnt really matter because i didnt NEED to get on, and i probably won't be back there for quite some time, but i was jw.

2. Uma888 macrumors 6502

Does the PSP browser support Javascript?

3. homerjward thread starter macrumors 68030

homerjward

i assume it does. it has an option to turn javascript on and off, and it seemed to recognize that the thingie was using javascript :confused:

4. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Maybe it's the memory, it happens all the time when the mem is too low. Sorry dude but the PSP browser does not support Java without a hack(basically the PSP browser is basic:) )

Bless