Weird QuarkXPress problem

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Dane D., Aug 17, 2006.

1. Dane D. macrumors 6502a

Created a layout in Quark v6.5 yesterday. Was up to 19 pages, when I made an PDF file through the export command. Boss and I went through layout, made notes and was going to fix this morning but the Quark file is GONE. I tried searching and found a Quark crash log file from about the same time I last was in Quark. I had no idea Quark crashed, there was no popup. Now have to re-construct the file from scratch :mad: Anybody ever have this happen? Weird that the whole file would disappear. Now I am wondering if I have files open in Quark and it crashes will it take the open files down with it?:confused:

2. Dane D. thread starter macrumors 6502a

In all my years of computer graphics, since 1992, I have never had a file just disappear. I was saving the file manually about every 4-5 mins, after each page was done. Everything has been running good, just strange event. And no I didn't have a backup. Not a big loss, but enough to make one wonder.

3. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

QuarkXpress>Preferences>Application>Save>Auto Backup: Keep last 3-5 revisions...

Essential for most work, sorry to say. Have seen too many flaky Quark files over the years.