Weird Safari buttons+noises problem

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by TangyToad, May 28, 2004.

1. TangyToad macrumors newbie

This problem is bizarre. On certain websites, for example on forecasts on Weather.com, waving my mouse over the Safari buttons produces a dog-barking sound. I certainly don't recall installing any software that would make it do that. Here's a link to a page that does it for me:Link I'm totally mystified. Any help is appreciated. I suppose my next step would be to reinstall Safari. I just tried loading the page on my Windows box and didn't have any problems.

2. Kingsnapped macrumors 6502a

Kingsnapped

That is really wierd. If if helps any, that does not happen to me. Have you installed any special customization tools? Have you found that to happen on other sites?

3. TangyToad thread starter macrumors newbie

It also happens on www.wunderground.com weather forecasts. Really strange. I haven't done any tinkering with Safari and I have installed all the security updates and stuff.

4. TangyToad thread starter macrumors newbie

Well, whatever it was, it seems to be gone. Of course before I posted I tried quitting Safari and opening again, but the noises remained. I just tried again and they seem to be gone. I'll post again if they reappear.

5. TangyToad thread starter macrumors newbie

GAHH it's back! OK, I just noticed one more thing about this phenomenon. When the noises are happening, the pointer will change to a glove hand over the Safari buttons. It only is happening in the window that has the Wunderground forecast open. This is crazy.

6. micropop macrumors newbie

Hey, I'm getting this too! Although it's very intermittent and I haven't tied it specifically to wunderground (although I do regularly look at forecasts there...) So strange!!!

7. micropop macrumors newbie

Demonstration

Hey, I was able to record a Quicktime Video/Audio file that demonstrates exactly what is happening: here

8. micropop macrumors newbie