Weird Screen Problems with iBook

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by KatOuz, Sep 16, 2004.

1. KatOuz macrumors newbie

Now, I know my May 2001 iceBook is getting a leeeeetle long in the tooth, but in the past few weeks, its developed a new problem.

I'll be going about my computing business, and the screen will randomly dim a few notches. Then it'll brighten a few notches. Then it will dim one notch. Over. And over. And over. And over again. My monitor is constatling changing its brightness levels with no input from more, and without the brightness adjustment bar/box coming up.

Is this another sign that I should bite the bullet and buy a shiny new Mac?

2. sandman42 macrumors 6502a

sandman42

3. noahsnyc macrumors regular

Hey - This was a huge problem for me that I had Apple "take care of" four times with my old iBook. It's the logic board issue, or possibly another slightly endemic issue, a small hinge-wire connecting the logic board to the display. Apparently they have no idea how to fix it, since after trying four times and even accepting my iBook as a "logic board failure", it still occured. They replaced my logic board three times and the issue persisted and finally, at the end of my warranty, issued me a fancy new loaded iBook G4.

The problem is, they probably think it's a logic board issue, but after having the exact same issue and having the logic board replaced, I can say maybe there's another endemic problem afflicting those iBooks...Get an iBook G4, I'm very happy.

N.