Weird Small Icons

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by hidefguy, Jan 22, 2010.

1. macrumors 6502

All of the sudden whenever I update or download a new app the icon becomes smaller than normal. I tried searching the forums and doing a google search but could not find any answers. Hopefully someone can help me out. Fyi the last thing I did was install a theme when this started happening, I tried removing the theme and restarting but I still have the small icons. Thanks in advance.

Attached Files:

2. macrumors regular

I'm having similar problems as described in this MacRumors thread.

I turned the theme off in WinterBoard and the icons have not all reverted back to stock icons but they are not the icons that were part of the theme.

I have tried re-springing the Springboard however that has not helped.

Is there some sort of memory cache that can be reset that may be causing this??

3. macrumors 68020

scirica

Those almost look like little icons from the Ilumine theme. Regardless, try deleting the /var/mobile/Library/Caches/SpringBoardIconCache and /var/mobile/Library/Caches/SpringBoardIconCache-small folders. They will rebuilt later automatically.

4. macrumors regular

Thanks, that fixed it. I thought it must have been something like that.

5. thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks. I tried that before I posted this thread but I had a theme on and it made all the icons small (good thing I backed up the folders before I deleted them). Tried again with no theme and it worked. Thanks again.