Weird Sounds from the 12" Powerbook

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by Abraxsis, Nov 19, 2003.

1. Abraxsis macrumors 6502

Abraxsis

When Im using my mouse on my 1GHz 12" Powerbook there is a low sound coming from left hand side of the trackpad. This sound only happens when I run over the top of my dock icons (set to magnify when rolled over) or when I scroll through a webpage or a text document. To me it sounds like the hard drive but the HD shouldnt be accessing THAT MUCH. Does anyone else have this problem, just put your ear close to the wrist rest on the left hand side of the trackpad and then scroll through your dock icons.

Spec:
    1GHz Powerbook
    12" LCD
    512MB RAM
    60GB HD
    USB Mouse (yes it happens with both the track pad and the USB mouse)

2. dieselg4 macrumors regular

dieselg4

my 12" PB makes a very high pitched sounds intermittenly, but its almost so high pitched i don't really notice it and its not that loud. . .

3. r6girl Administrator/Editor

r6girl

Staff Member

no odd sounds like that on my 12" pb (867 mhz). hope you find out what that is and get it fixed..:)

marianne

4. Powerbook G5 macrumors 68040

Powerbook G5

As long as it doesn't sound like the HD is clicking, because that is a very bad sound...

5. ColoJohnBoy macrumors 65816

ColoJohnBoy

I'm not exactly sure how to change this, but I had the same thing on my 800 MHz TiBook. I can guarantee it isn't a hardware problem. Check under preferences and sounds, and you should be able to find something to turn the sound off. But again, don' worry - it isn't a hardware issue.