Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CubaTBird

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 18, 2004
Today I turned on my iBook and it started to boot up okay but then I just go to this blue screen and it just hanged there. I could hear the computer some sort of clicking noise (think of someone closeing a pad lock). I forcefully shut the laptop down by holding the power button and then turned it back on again. It works fine now, what does this mean though? I have several important docs on this laptop and can't afford to lose em one day b/c my comp won't start up. Also, it was just a blue screen, no text or anything. :confused:

Oh yea, also, yesterday I opened up the laptop just to see if their was anything to see inside by taking out the keyboard and then putting it back. Would this have had anything to do with it? I didn't change anything inside the comp itself.

CubaTBird

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 18, 2004
so removing the laptop keyboard while the machine was off just to see what was inside the day before this happened prolly has nothing to do with it then?

slughead

macrumors 68040
Apr 28, 2004
PERMISSIONS!

Whenever my comp does this, a permissions fix always makes it better.

CubaTBird

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 18, 2004
yeah, i did the repair permissions thing and it found no errors what so ever. When I get home today, I shall check to see if this problem happens the second time around.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.