Weird streaks of pink color on my iBook screen...

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by lmalave, Oct 1, 2003.

1. macrumors 68000

lmalave

Has anyone had this problem before? I get weird streaks of pink going all accross my iBook's screen. But then if I nudge the screen, the pink goes away. Anyone know what is causing this? Is my screen somehow getting twisted/distorted? Or is it something more serious like a loose connection. If anyone has any insight/advice I'd greatly appreciate it. I just don't want this to turn into one of those situations where the screen gets progressively worse until it's unusable...

2. Gus
    macrumors 65816

Gus

Had this problem with the same model Ibook as you. Apple took it and fixed a video connector ribbon. After I got it back, everything was fine. If you're still under warranty, send it back now.

Regards,
    Gus

3. macrumors 65816

yoda13

I had this same problem with my iBook, though it is not the same model, and Apple replaced the connection ribbon and it happened again soon thereafter. I am now on three logic boards later and I think (knock on wood) that it is finally fixed

4. thread starter macrumors 68000

lmalave

I didn't get Applecare, but I bought the computer less than a year ago. Is it still under warranty? And can I take it to an Apple Store to get fixed? I really don't want to have it shipped away - it's my primary machine...

5. macrumors 65816

yoda13

yes, you can take it to the store. I imagine that it will still take a while to get it fixed. It is still not too late to get AppleCare, and I highly recommend it with a laptop.

6. macrumors regular

get it fixed before it takes down your whole machine.

7. thread starter macrumors 68000

lmalave

I don't think it can take down my whole machine, but I'm worried about my screen going dead. I've never seen it happen to IBM and Dell laptops, and it really sucks. Then I'd have to hook it up to an external monitor which would defeat the whole purpose of having a laptop :(