Weird things inside keyboard thread

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by ghall, Dec 29, 2006.

1. ghall macrumors 68040

ghall

So, what are some weird things you have found under the keys of your computer keyboard?

For me, it would have been a thing that may have been a small piece of chicken under the command key on my old PowerBook G4. Very disturbing.

2. Mammoth macrumors 6502a

Mammoth

I have found cookie crumbs from various different brands lurking inside my Microsoft keyboard on my PC. Good enough?

3. SamIchi macrumors 68030

SamIchi

4. MACDRIVE macrumors 68000

MACDRIVE

5. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

I thought I saw a walrus, but I was just drunk again. Silly me.

6. pknz macrumors 68020

pknz

7. Sesshi macrumors G3

Sesshi

I was idly cleaning out a keyboard that I was sitting in front of in my office while in a conference call. I took the casing off and shook it a bit, there was a lot of hair unearthed - but a high percentage I could see was of the type you wonder how it got there. The regular user of that machine is only capable of typing two-fingered, but I found myself wondering if he was also capable of typing two-bagged.

8. PippinTheJedi macrumors member

I dribbled some ice cream on accident onto the Dell keyboard. If I look closely, I can still see the white splotches underneath. Suprisingly, the keyboard doesn't stick.:eek:

9. SkyBell macrumors 604

SkyBell

A caterpiller once crawled out from under the F key when I was typing on my old HP. Scared me half to death.

10. ghall thread starter macrumors 68040

ghall

That one is really scary. That's gonna give me nightmares for a week.

11. dllavaneras macrumors 68000

dllavaneras

Some icky brown goo, probably from exposure to dust, moisture and stuff like that for the last five years. While on the subject of weird stuff, any tips to clean your keyboard?

12. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

You'd need to get it open first. Apple uses those tiny screws -- I think they're Torx, but so small I can't tell for sure. I've never found a tool that works. Maybe somebody else knows.

13. FDX macrumors regular

14. Jasonbot macrumors 68020

Jasonbot

I once spilled yoghurt on mine, really icky..

15. Xander562 macrumors 68000

Xander562

Small winged bug. Ok so I didn't actually FIND it in there, but I saw it crawl in and it never came back out, I think I might have smashed it while typing.

16. MattG macrumors 68040

MattG

This lady I help with computer stuff came in one day so I could fix her wireless...she'd been having an ant problem at home, and that morning she work up to find ants crawling in and out of her keyboard. There were still some in there when she brought it to me...:rolleyes:

17. nickster9224 macrumors 6502a

nickster9224

18. Hummer macrumors 65816

Hummer

19. monke macrumors 65816

monke

Dust and Dirt. Probably some crumbs in there too. Darn you Mr Christie. :p :D

20. n-abounds macrumors 6502a

n-abounds

Well, you know... he likes to scratch and then type. At least it wasn't "yogurt".

21. SuperCompu2 macrumors 6502a

SuperCompu2

When I first got my Thinkpad in the mail that I bought off ebay, i found a feather underneath the left hand control key. It was colorful too...

22. Cybix macrumors 6502a

Cybix

my work keyboard is always full of crumbs, or pastry bits, or muesli bar bits, hehe... not to mention hair, and other random items.

23. Leareth macrumors 68000

Leareth

list includes: cat hair, gummy bear(!), hair pins, staples, bank card (under iBook keyboad), cat claw sheaths, caramel sauce, contact lens, maggots (don't ask), tiny screws, twist ties, paperclips, tinsel, confetti, fake fingernails, nail polish flakes, and toothpick.

24. iindigo macrumors 6502a

iindigo

O_O

o_O

o_O

DAMN, did you get those out of your keyboards, or are you a technician of sorts?

25. Leareth macrumors 68000

Leareth

My keyboards, from my computers, some were at work with me and colleagues borrowed computers to check email and when I got my laptop back in 15 min I found hairpin, bank card and fake nail in the iBook.

The cat hair and claws are my cats, caramel is from my caramel macchiatto's , the contact lens was mine I looked for the damn thing for 3o min found it much later.

The maggots were part of an experiment that ended up on the keyboard by accident

Confetti and tinsel was Xmas party on the 15" PB as were the nail polish flecks

Office supplies is on the work machine.

But I have no idea where the gummy bear and tine screws came from on my home desktop...